jueves, 23 de febrero de 2012

4th Week

For this week I didn't do much I looked for some algorithms to test the cluster efficiency, I found this tutorial which includes some steps to test an algorithm that its also included in a file, what the algorithm basically do is calculates an approximate value for pi using a Monte Carlo technique. So I tried following the steps it mention but when it ask for the password it doesn't work I don't know why. The tutorial tells to open this for when u can run the algorithm u can see the time it takes and all the test results.


For next week I hope me and some other members of the algorithm team can make this algorithm work or find another one or maybe do one to have it ready and test the cluster in some weeks.

For lab: I found a video of a cluster made by some guy while he is testing it,he uses a algorithm of prime numbers to test it and some 3d images like the ones we saw at class.

1 comentario: